Fish Hawk Nicoise Salad
– 2 Cups of Good Quality Confited Tuna (Ex. Ortiz White Tuna in Olive Oil) 2 Eggs
– ½ lb Green Beans (cut into bite sized pieces)
– 1 English Cucumber (sliced in half, deseeded and cut into half moon pieces) 1 Cup Peperoncinis (sliced into rings)
– ¼ Cup Kalamata Olives (quartered)
– 1 TB Capers
– 1 Cup Radish (quartered)
– ½ lb Yukon Gold Potatoes (diced into bite-sized pieces)
– ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
– ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 2 TB Dijon
– ½ TB Honey
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss potatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper and roast on a sheet pan for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and drop in cut green beans for approximately 1 minute or until cooked. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and put in a bowl with icy water to stop cooking.
Gently place whole eggs into the same pot of boiling water with a slotted spoon. Bring water down to a simmer and cook eggs for 7 minutes. Use the slotted spoon to remove eggs and place into the same ice bath you used for the green beans. Let cool, then peel eggs and set aside.
Whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Place all prepared ingredients, except for the egg, into a bowl and toss lightly with the vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper if needed. Divide vegetables, tuna and eggs evenly between two bowls and enjoy!