Blue Oak BBQ: T-Rex BBQ Honey Sichuan Sauce (makes 1 gallon):
– 2 cups of Blue Oak BBQ’s House sauce (or your homemade bbq sauce)
– 1 cup of Blue Oak BBQ’s sichuan seasoning (or your favorite store bought)
– 1/2 cup of some local honey
1. Bring bbq sauce up to a simmer in a large pot
2. Once sauce is warm and simmering, whisk in your sichuan seasoning until thoroughly dissolved
3. Slowly drizzle in your local honey. stir until mixed well
4. cut heat and cool down sauce
You can serve this on the side as a dipping sauce or tossed. Even try basting your wings with it. No rules here!
Wing Cookin’ Deets:
Begin by brining your wings overnight in the fridge if you have the time to do so. A simple brine with kosher salt and sugar will go a long way. This will help break down the protein strands of the meat and begin to tenderize and flavor the wings while also drawing some of the blood out. Get your grill up to about 350 degrees and be sure to oil up the grill grates. Lightly toss your wings in your favorite rub or seasoning and then throw them on the grill, not touching each other but directly over the heat. Now all grills typically have hot spots so don’t be shy on moving, flipping, and rotating those wings around on the grill. This should take about 20 minutes but some wings will take less or more time than others. Rule of thumb is to temp your chicken to 165 degrees internally. Once you get to this point cut the heat and remove the wings onto a plate. I like to let them cool just a bit to let the skin tighten up a bit. Now you’re ready to toss um’!